Human-Centered Design Workshop, Woteva Community Hall, May 11-12 2017
- Collaborative prototyping and designing are efficient techniques to ensure the participation of community members in generating concrete solutions.
- Inhabitants of remote communities need to unite their efforts in order to effectively address the challenges in their communities.
- Better solutions are obtained when beneficiaries themselves are allowed to explore solution patterns through guided design processes that are adapted to their culture.
2016 Cedrela Farm; Mathias Ewoumbua of Woteva Village explaining planting methodology, 2015 and 2016 Cedrela demonstration farms; May 2017, Woteva Village.
4. Approaches and generated solutions should match the cultural, traditional and environmental norms if they are meant to be sustainable.
5. Every community in the world has gifted and talented people. Appropriate research environments need to be created by policy makers to explore, exploit and utilise them for the benefit of the community.
6. Usually, challenges can be identified. However, poor design approaches, fear of failure, discouragements, selfishness, lack of motivation and oppression may hinder people in those communitiees from working and achieving concrete results.